LEEP Recovery

A few weeks ago I received an e-mail from the lovely Kat of Cville Niche, a Charlottesville blog-o-zine.  She picked up a flyer for my Wednesday night mat Pilates and wanted to highlight the class for Niche blog, which is all about connected young C’villians with what’s happening around town.

Last week herself and two other Niche ladies joined me for class.  They are a great group of women and I love the “live.love.local” mission of the blog.  Here’s what they had to say about my Pilates class.

Total change of topic; it’s been almost four months since my LEEP procedure to remove abnormal cells from my cervix.    I haven’t written about my recovery since about a week afterward, when I got the results that the margins were clear and the cells were not cancerous, but I’ve thought about this area of my body every single day for the last four months.

I’ve thought about it daily because I’ve felt it daily.  It’s not pain but definite discomfort through my groin and pubic bone area that comes and goes with no apparent triggers.  I talked to my doctor about it the week after surgery and he had no clue but told me to come in if it got worse.  It didn’t get worse but has stayed persistent.

On Valentines Day I went in for my three month follow up (delayed a few weeks because of my trip to Portland).  The doc again said that he saw no reason that I should have this irritation and that everything looked good to him.

The doctor-patient relationship is a hard one!  On one hand I like that he is really positive and acts like none of this is a big deal at all.  On the other hand I detest that he acts like none of this is a big deal!

I experienced a lot of anxiety leading up to that appointment. I suppose I feel a little better knowing that the daily discomfort isn’t a symptom of anything scary but at the same time it’s a constant reminder that my organs aren’t perfect and I had my reproductive parts scraped with an electric wire.

At this point the best thing for me is to be grounded and satisfied with my choice to have the LEEP but it was a really hard decision.  It is not my place to give medical advice to anyone else but I hope that by sharing my experience I can help encourage women in a similar situation to do their homework before making a decision.  The LEEP, for me, was a very painful procedure that took over a month to recover from the most noticeable side effects and I am still waiting for this nagging discomfort to dissipate, not to mention that my cervix will, literally, be forever scarred.

If you’ve had a LEEP, cone, or cryotherepy I would really appreciate hearing about your experience!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Cervical Dysplasia and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to LEEP Recovery

1. Louise says:

I wish I lived closer. $5.00 pilates classes are non-existent in the Boston area. Looks fun!

2. Sarah says:

I had cryotherapy when I was in my 20′s. I had no recovery issues and haven’t had an abnormal pap or any issues since then (at least that I remember since it has been awhile!) It was scary at the time. Sorry you are still feeling discomfort.

3. I read your blog and missed the one on tje procedure. What a scary procedure. Ive had severe cramps since my teenage years and always struggled with my drs. not fully believing my pain whenever I get them.. I hope your dr. follows up on the comstant not normal pain you feel.

4. Kat says:

Thanks for the shout out Faith. Loved the class and so glad we have gracefulfitness as an option here in Cville!

5. Kait says:

I really appreciate you blogging about this. I had a LEEP procedure almost a year ago, I felt fairly confident about the procedure before I went in ( I have a fairly high pain threshold) and was assured by my Doctor that they are performed all the time and I would be fine to work the next day. I did read up on the procedure on a few message boards ahead of time, and noticed that women had fairly wide ranging experiences some described it as painful but many said it had been no big deal. My experience was somewhat traumatizing, I wasn’t really prepared for how painful and uncomfortable it was for me, luckily I had did it on a Friday morning and had the next few days off. My body had a really bad reaction, my leg were shaking uncontrollably through the entire procedure almost to the point my doctor need to get assistance, near the end of the procedure some of the topical pain medication had worn down and I felt more of the full force of what was happening. I was a mess, crying and barley able to walk, very lucky to have my partner there to pick me up and support me when I got home.
    I’m not sure if other people have had the experience of having some major emotional impact from this procedure but I definitely did. It took me a month at least to heal from the procedure physically but to also feel grounded again emotionally. Now a year later, there are no signs of returned abnormal cells and I am back to annual pap-smears. As far as residual pain or discomfort after the procedure that you are describing, I didn’t have pain, but did feel a little discomfort and noticed that my monthly nueva ring birth control (that I had been using for years with out issue) suddenly did not seem easy to place easily, it was very uncomfortable and kept moving forward. I was told by my doctor that she had never heard of that being related to the LEEP, but to me it seemed to much of a coincidence, after about 6 months, everything seemed to go back to normal. I don’t regret my decision to get a LEEP and feel fortune to be healthy at this point, but I do suggest other Women really research first and do what is right for them as everyone’s experiences can be really different depending on how their body reacts. Thank you for starting this discussion Faith, its now to hear about others experiences.

Kait,
      Thank you so much for sharing your experience, and I’m sorry you had to go through that. I too was crying and in a lot of pain (and like you, I have a high treashold!) during the actual procedure even though the doctor said he’d never had a patient experience pain with it before.
      At this point I don’t regret my decision, I thought long and hard before making it and it was the best choice between several very hard choices, but I do think that it’s important for women to hear about the range of experiences before having a LEEP. Personally, I would have taken a “watch and wait” approach if it had been anything less than CIN III but the progression of it scared me. It’s often hard to remember that we are each the captain of our own body, I think it’s really common to place so much faith in a doctors hands that we become unempowered to make our own decisions about our body.
      I am so glad to hear that you are feeling back to normal, it’s a good reminder to me that in time all of this will probably be a distant memory.
      Thanks again for writing!

6. Julie says:

I had the LEEP procedure done about 12 years ago. I recall being uncomfortable for a while but I don’t remember how long it lasted. I am currently pain free and have had clear Pap tests ever since my LEEP. At the time I knew I wasn’t ready to have kids but I was worried the LEEP might hinder my ability to start a family one day in the future….fortunately it did not! My husband and I were able to get pregnant our first month of trying and we now have 17 month old twin boys! Maybe LEEPs mean you’ll have twins, so watch out! (just kidding). My cervix held up BEAUTIFULLY during the entire pregnancy. I exercised every day and carried the babies full term. There was a fear my cervix would need to be stitched up and I’d have to go on bed rest due to the weight of the babies but I didn’t have a single problem. My boys weighed 6 lbs & 7 lbs at birth.

You seem to be regretting your decision to have the LEEP. You made the best decision you could based on the information you had at the time. Don’t second guess yourself. The land of “what ifs” is toxic. Honor your body, rest when you feel pain, and have faith in your body’s ability to heal. Good luck!

• gracefulfitness says:

Julie, Thanks so much for sharing, you have no idea how comforting this is too me. I generally don’t “do” regret, I agree it’s toxic, but you’re right-I was feeling really frustrated and powerless when I wrote that post. I keep telling myself that I need to get over the whole thing and move on and I will soon, it’s just taking a little time because I have this daily nagging reminder. I am thrilled to hear that your cervix did great through pregnancy-with twins! Always helpful to hear about other people’s experience, thanks again.

• Lara says:

Thank you, Julie!

Today marks 4 weeks since my LEEP proceedure and my biggest “regret” is fear that I will have complications during pregnancy. My heart is relieved knowing that you were able to birth twins with no complocations! I’m having a hard time finding info about how to take care of oneself post proceedure. Did you take any supportive vitamins, supplements, or do anything else to strengthen and heal your cervix? My husband and I want to start a family soon but I’m wondering if I should wait? If so how long!? How long after your proceedure did you get pregnant? Any info or advice you have to share would be great!

Thank you!

7. crystal says:

Hi… I had a leep done about 2 weeks ago and I am still in very bad pain and have a yellow pinkish discharge should I b concerned because I am freakin out help!!!!!!!

• gracefulfitness says:

Hi Crystal, how are you feeling now? Have you talked to your doc? I had mild pain for months afterward and discharge lasted 4-5 weeks, although it decreased by the day. Please talk to your doctor and if you are not happy with them, find a new one. Acupuncture helped me a lot with the stress of the whole situation. Please let me know how you are doing and take good care of yourself, I know it’s a really stressful time.

8. Carrie says:

Hi, I had a LEEP procedure done 4 months ago. I had a high grade of cell abnormality (CIN III) and the doctor recommended LEEP. I haven’t had a follow-up appointment for a PAP test yet, although it is coming up soon.

My main concern is the length of recovery time that it takes for the body to return back to normal. I have had almost constant discharge of blood throughout the entire 4 months. Recently, I noticed that there is about a week to 10 days of no discharge following my period, and then the spotting (then bleeding) starts up again for about 10 days BEFORE my actual period starts. The bleeding that precedes my period is not heavy at first, just spotting, and then gradually increases in volume as I near the start of my period.

From what I have been reading online though, it seems that the recovery time post LEEP may depend on the grade of cell abnormality that one had prior to the procedure. Given that I had a CIN III – it is reasonable to assume that the doctor had to remove more cell tissue from my cervix than from a patient with less cell abnormality. It seems to be that this has a direct correlation on one’s experience with recovery and the length of time it takes for the body to heal.

While I do tend to think of my situation using the reasoning above, the emotional and physical impact from the recovery are beginning to take their toll on me. I am a single, 26-year old, trying to date in an effort to establish my personal life. Yet, this horrible post-LEEP recovery is seriously affecting my motivation and actual ability of doing so.

I know my post was mostly rambling, but I just felt the need to vent.

Thank you for reading and I wish everyone a speedy recovery! Any comments or feedback from someone having a similar experience would be appreciated! :-)

• gracefulfitness says:

First of all, thank you for writing! I know that this can be a really hard and personal thing to talk about, I had huge trepidation towards writing about it in the beginning.
      Second, I fully understand the stress of recovery and the huge variance of “normal” within it. The stress leading up to the LEEP is so intense that I thought I’d feel a sense of relief once it was over and things would go back to normal but instead I had 4-5 weeks of discharge and a lot of pelvic pain and then another 4+ months of a constant tugging pain on my pubic bone.
      I will say that my 3 month follow up pap helped calm me quite a bit. My doctor is very nonchalant and while that can be irritating it also helped that he wasn’t concerned at all. Waiting for the results was hard but as soon as I heard everything was “normal” I felt like I could breath again and move on with life, I sincerely hope you still have the same experience.
      Another thing that has helped me in my recovery is to remember that just because I had the LEEP, this is not over. I know it sounds a little scary but I can also use it to my advantage; I remind myself that it is imperative to take good care of my body. I’ve continued with a lot of the natural regimen I was following before the LEEP. It is empowering to me to feel connected with my body that way and like I am doing what I can to be healthy.
      My thoughts are with you and I wish nothing but a full and swift recovery from this point forward. Please feel free to write again in a few weeks and let me know how it went at your follow up and if anything has changed. Sending you lots of love!

• Kait says:

Hi everyone, this message is in reply to Carrie but also to Faith, and anyone else reading this thread. I so appreciate that you created this post Faith, its a great space for women to share their experiences about this procedure (which can be hard to get information about) I posted once before when I was a year out from the procedure. Carrie, I was also a CIN III and it sounds like Faith was too. From what I can tell everyone has very different experiences in their recovery; I did not have the long term bleeding you are speaking of, and from what I have read neither did Faith, but we both had long term symptoms that we were told we “should not” be experiencing. I just want to encourage you to hang in there and know that the emotional impact of the procedure and the after affect of how your body reacts (however it does) is real, and it makes sense you’re having a hard time. I definitely feel for you. And I really believe it is going to get better. Just keep being a great advocate for yourself and stick to your guns at the Doctors office!

I also wanted to address what Faith said in her response comment that “recovery is to remember that just because I had the LEEP, this is not over” That is so true. After clean paps for over a year I got results that showed the displaysia was back. I was pretty devastated, I immediately started dreading the idea of going through the LEEP again, I did have a biopsy again but luckily the results at this point are benign. So I’m back to 3 month paps and we’ll wait and see. I don’t mention this to scare anyone but it has definitely been a wake up call for me and has really strengthened my desire to address my health (physical, mental, and emotional) in as many natural ways as I know how, to hopefully address the health issue on all levels. Good Luck to Carrie and everyone else going through this and I encourage people to update, its helpful to hear other’s experiences and where they are at.

9. Amanda says:

My post-leep story is a pretty horrid one. I had mine done 2 yrs ago. My first period afterwards came as just spotting. This was very abnormal for me, I’m a bleeder. So I spotted for a couple hours and then it quit; however my cramps intensified. I ended up driving myself to the er in the wee hours of the morning. After numerous tests i was sent to ultrasound. While being poked and prodded with the vaginal ultrasound wand, low and behold she broke up my scar tissue and the flood gates opened. I thought i was pretty special to be in the 1% of rare women to experience my cervix scarring shut. Anywho 2 yrs later, my periods are very light and very painful. My ob swears that my cervix is good to go, but i don’t feel that she is taking me seriously. I have also been trying to get pregnant with no success, i have to wonder…if stuff can barely get out, how will the swimmers get in?

• gracefulfitness says:

Oh girl, you’re story brought tears to my eyes because I can only imagine the stress, anxiety, and frustration you may be feeling. So sorry to hear about your experience, truly. Have you/can you seek a second opinion? Are you open to an alternative route? I don’t know what acupuncture can do for the scarring but I’ve found it to do wonders for my stress and my acu told me she has great hormone balancing herbs when I’m ready for pregnancy. Lots of love to you and thanks for writing.

10. Ericka says:

I am having through leep procedure done in two days. I am terrified. I am getting married in December and this was a huge bump in our plans. We both want children so bad so just the thought of that not being a possibility is devastating. I had quite a bit of pain after the colpo and biopsy. I have researched my butt off and Idk what is right for me. My doctor is wonderful and i trust her completely. Im just so scared. I have been fighting panic attacks since i found out. Do any of you have any advice for keeping calm.

• gracefulfitness says:

First of all, I am really sorry to hear that you are going through that. Second, bring your fiancé into the procedure if possible and if you are comfortable with it. Not to give you more anxiety but I found it painful and having Tate there to soothe me and let me squeeze his hand (like crazy) helped. Also, give yourself rest that day and the next. Like, don’t plan anything if possible. Your doc may say its not a big deal and you can work or go about your life but it is a big deal and you may feel tender physically and emotionally for a while afterward. I was uncomfortably crampy for at least 24 hours and probably should have taken it even easier for 4-5 days afterward. Lots of love and best wishes, please come back and let me know how you are doing if you feel up to sharing.
      Faith

11. jenniebeans says:

I had a LEEP done about 5 days ago for CIN III. I was under general anesthesia and so didn’t feel anything. Recovery so far hasn’t been too bad. Not that much pain really. I only had some discharge for the first 2-3 days, but was really bloated and had to pee a lot. That was the worst of it, and even that’s getting much better now.

Although it sounds scary ladies, if your doc recommends it, please get it done. Don’t leave it until it’s too late. you’ll have a much better shot to have babies if you don’t need a hysterectomy, chemo or radiation in the future. Some women aren’t so lucky …

12. Nadia says:

Thank you for sharing your experience, I had a LEEP procedure a few days ago, and I am still shaken and really needed to kmow that not everyone recovers in 2 or 3 days…

Nadia,
      No, recovery is frustratingly slow for many women, including myself. The physical and mental aspects of the LEEP will fade with time though, keep breathing and being kind to yourself. Best wishes to you! I will send lots of swift recovery thoughts your way!
      xo
      F

13. ericka says:

Thanks for the encouraging words. Everything went as planned but nine days after my procedure I had major bleeding and had to go to the emergency room. Apparently it is a normal occurrence. The doc said I overdid it at work. But everything is back to normal and I’m cancer free!!

• gracefulfitness says:

Ericka, so glad to hear that everything came back clear!! Thanks for letting me know! I’m one year past the LEEP and looking back I feel like it took me at least 7 months to ‘get over it’ and not let the whole thing be a part of my day to day life.

14. Liza says:

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experience. I had the procedure 7 days ago. The actual procedure wasn’t bad at all. I felt completely fine the first 3 or 4 days (on Ibuprofen & prescription pain killers), little discharge. Now, yucky discharge & bleeding, very bloated, severe lower back pain & cramping the past 3 days. Doctor called me with lab results on Monday and now recommends a hysterectomy. So unfortunately I’ll be dealing with this for a while! I can resume light exercise tomorrow so I’m hoping I will start to feel better…

• gracefulfitness says:

Thank you for sharing and I’m so sorry to hear that the results of your LEEP weren’t clear. My thoughts are with you. I hope your recovery is progressing well. Lots of love, faith

15. Vinny says:

Firstly: thank you ALL for posting on this subject and with such clarity and articulation. After many abnormal paps over the last few years and 2 biopsies, I had my first (and hopefully last) LEEP a few days ago. I agree with the procedure and felt centered and did lots of work with my acupuncturists and even yoga teacher to find strength and openness in my hips and mental state to welcome the treatment and use nutrition and health changes to heal and move on. ALL that being said: It freakin sucked!!! It was more brutal than I was in an way prepared for. While anxiety prior to such an event isn’t encouraged, give a lady some honest truth before and during! I’m Irish, stubborn, a double Capricorn, and covered in tattoos, and a bartender! Now I can’t lift anything heavy( key to my job) and feel totally unprepared for what happened. I’m only cic one, but please tell your doctors to be straight with how to mentally prepare and get an anti-anxiety pill for before and water pills and pain pills for after. I’m doing homeopathy and all my normal traditional healing practice, but western medicine is mandatory. Also I put one ear bud in and had my meditation music on my phone to help control my breathing and visual distraction. Strongly suggest! My positive and healing energy to you all and fingers crossed to no other form of HPV in my future or yours

• gracefulfitness says:

Thank you so much for writing and sharing. My heart goes out to you for having to deal with the whole situation. From my personal experience it takes a lot of time to heal, in every way. Physically, it was several months before I felt more or less recovered. Even still I have some symptoms that linger (I should post on this soon). Emotionally, my 3 month follow up pap last February brought a lot of healing. I had a lot of anxiety about the appointment then held my breath waiting for the results. When the phone call came in that it was “normal” I had a rush of relief that made me realize just how much stress and tension I’d been holding on to. After about 6 months post LEEP I finally felt like it was in the past.
      Thanks again for sharing and Im sending you tons of healing thoughts.
      Love, f

16. gina says:

i had a leep procedure done about 2-3 mths ago and i have to say omg this sux. i have had sharp pains since the procedure and as far as periods my bleeding is the same but cramping is crazy.. so painful. of corse the dr says im healing beautifully but i dont feel it. also i was bleeding from intercorse even tho they said i souldnt have been. Nothing feels the same on my insides now and i get terrable migraines. did anyone else get migraines after the procedure? i got them b4 but not this bad, there so bad now it affects my vision. im glad i found this page because it shows me im not the only one who is having trouble after the leep. i hope everyone a speedy recovery and thank you so much for sharing

• gracefulfitness says:

Oh girl, your comment brought tears to my eyes! I’m so sorry you are going through that. Its been a year and a half since my LEEP and my PMS and period pain has gotten increasingly more intense, bleeding heavier, and more clotting. It’s on my to-do list today to make a doc appointment, including trying to change doc’s on my friends recommendation. I’ve had two follow-ups (February 2012 and September 2012) and both times my doc said I was healing great and he wasn’t concerned that I am still experiencing pain and mysterious symptoms. SO frustrating. I am going to write some follow-up posts soon. Once again, so sorry you are going through this. Lots of love and healing thoughts coming your way. Faith

17. jennifer says:

Everyones stories have touched me greatly. I had my leep done 10 days ago. Today i was suppose to return to work, which i did 3 hours into working i doubled over in pain, im not one to cry but it hurt so bad. It was a free for all. Cramps feel the same as day 2, i was starting to think i was just weak( i dont do pain well) because my doctor told me i would be fine. She is great but i am still.waiting for her to call me back after 7 hours of my first call. I havent recieved any results yet that is this friday. Hot and cold flashes sweating but no fever. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone.

18. louismo2001 says:

I had a Leep done 10 days ago. I’ve gone back to the Dr. twice because of pain. Both times they had to stick a speculum inside me in order to “see” the cervix and I honestly feel like I know what it is to be tortured. I’m concerned because the speculum wasn’t even touching my cervix – has anyone else had this? I’m so tired of the pain. My Dr. keeps telling me nothing appears to be wrong, I’m healing nicely, blah blah blah. Meanwhile I’m in low-grade constant pain that intensifies if I have to go to the bathroom or with any “pushing”. Ugh, this is so embarrassing. I can’t imagine ever being able to have sex again pain free – It just want my life back!!!

• gracefulfitness says:

First of all, I sincerely hope that your pain has decreased and you are on the mend from the LEEP. I was unpleasantly surprised by how long it took me to heal, probably at least 4 months before I didn’t think about it regularly. My heart goes out to you, feel free to write again if you need to talk about your experience. I personally found it helpful, emotionally, to write about it on here and talk to people about it, even though I tend to be a really private person in general.
      Lots of love to you.

19. rhian says:

Iv just read all your comments and im so relieved im not alone! I was cin 3 and had treatment 3mths ago but im getting a really sharp pain to the right of my cervix (i think thats where the treatment was done) im not due another colposcopy until sept,no bleeding or discharge just the sharp pain.i to felt awful after treatment it really upset me,and i felt down about it for weeks and i am really dreading going back in sept incase i need more!

20. jillian says:

I have had 3 LEEP procedures now and each of them wasn’t painful at all. My OBGYN is female and she has been very thorough each time in anesthetizing (perhaps because she is more apt to know what it feels like). She also explained to me that some doctors can cut away more tissue than is necessary which can lead to discomfort down the road. She makes sure to only cut away as much is necessary and the procedure it self takes under a minute. All the numbing up and explaining takes the longest. The biggest issue that I have had is that I have noticed an increase in pain during my menstrual cycle. Its been really frustrating because it seems I have a very stubborn strain and it just won’t go away and all anyone can tell me is “Don’t smoke” which is irritating since I do not and I don’t hang out in bars and other places where I would get 2nd hand smoke. Good luck with your health.

21. Jennifer Burson says:

Hi. I had the LEEP surgery done about 4 weeks ago and have seen my Dr and he reported that I was healing well and that I could have sex. But when my boyfriend and I had sex, it was so painful that he had to pull out. My Dr also reported that I had full blown cancer that had spread further than he realized. I’m just afraid that something went wrong because he also removed the rest of my hymen that was causing pain. I just want to make love with my boyfriend, he’s been so patient. I’m afraid that my Dr screwed something up, he’s a Medicaid Dr and not very attentive.

• gracefulfitness says:

Oh sweetheart, I’m so sorry to hear you are going through this. Can you switch doctors at least? I am working with a really wonderful woman now. She still comes from a super straight-line allopathic standpoint but she is very attentive and makes me feel like she is actually hearing my concerns. Sending you lots of love!

22. Peggy says:

after being told in April of 2013 I had hpv and pap was abnormal my life stopped, I wAs 39 years old. I went through two colposcopes, then it was leep time there was moderate dysplasia between 11 and 1. It is now March 10th 2014 the day for the leep so for now a year almost my life stopped. I go in and it hurt so bad I can’t even cope, no bleeding or discharge yet but some mild cramping and it was three days ago. I do t understand if you still have the hpv virus what keeps it from coming right back. I’m so scared and confused. The emotional feelings I had overcome me after the procedure was worse then the pain though. Help me cope with this.

• gracefulfitness says:

My heart goes out to you. I just responded to your comment with my latest post, Oversharing. Best wishes, love, and hugs coming your way. Faith

23. Michelle says:

I had the LEEP procedure done yesterday so it is too early to tell what my recovery will be and if this is the final step in this journey of mine. Im still really scared of what the outcome will be seeing as how it has gotten worse from when I had the biopsy done in early February. I do know that I have a very attentive gynecologist who will see me at the drop of a hat and listens to my concerns. I have a feeling that with the discomfort I’ve experienced just after having the biopsy done that my LEEP recovery will not be an easy one.

• gracefulfitness says:

Thank you so much for writing Michelle. Based on personal experience, I highly recommend you take it really easy for at least a week, even if your doc says you are fine to return to normal activity. I am finding it really helpful to continue with my supplement plan, it makes me feel empowered and proactive. I am thinking about writing a post outlining what I’m taking but in the meantime if you are interested in doing your own research I found this paper informative and in line with all the other research I came across. Page 11 is where the supplement studies start.
      Sending you best wishes for a swift and complete recovery.
      Faith

24. maria says:

I had mine done on Friday (today’s Monday) and so far I’m doing ok. I had mine done at a sugery center and they knocked me out – I recommend that and count myself lucky to have been knocked out. I’m so sorry to hear those horrific stories. So if you can, maybe have it done at a surgery center and tell them you don’t want to be awake :)

I have cramping and light discharge, and slept for all of Friday and laid around on Sat and some of Sunday, still tired but getting better. What are some homeopathic ways to beat this crap?

I’m so thankful we can have this treatment at all, before it turns to cervical cancer. I lost my aunt to ovarian cancer a couple months ago becauset hey caught it too late, so thankful we can catch it early. Hang in there ladies! I’m w/ ya!