|Crepes with Caramelized Onions, Blackberries, and Feta|
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, slivered
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3-4 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a skillet caramelize onions with butter, honey, and salt (cook slow and low until very soft and golden).
- Add blackberries to pan and turn the heat to medium.
- Add vinegar.
- Cook on medium-high heat until the berry juice and vinegar reduce to a thick sauce.
- Serve in crepes with a generous sprinkle of feta cheese and fresh thyme.
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup milk
pinch of salt
butter for the pan
Whisk all ingredients together and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
Heat a skillet on medium-low heat with a little bit of butter.
Pour about 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet and immediately pick it up and swirl the batter to coat the bottom of the pan in a uniform thickness.
When the batter looks dry on the entire topside, carefully flip the crepe and cook for about 30 seconds on the second side.Repeat until you’ve used all of the batter.
If you aren’t inclined to make crepes, this would also work really well on a thin slices of fresh baguette!
What’s your favorite way to eat fruit for dinner?