Another addition of Friday Food Thoughts.
- In an attempt to get over my food-rut of greens/eggs/beans/cheese combo I cooked the weirdest egg drop rice noodle soup last night. It kinda worked, filled me up and made me miss my old standards. :/
- Waiting for tomatoes to ripen is both exciting and annoying!
- Love, love, love having a garden full of greens but can barely wait for the peas to lengthen and fill out!
- I hope, wish, and believe that these gorgeous new raised beds will grow me a plethora of food!
- Grow cucumbers, grow!! I want to make pickles!
- Craving Bean N Green Tart (eggs, greens, beans, cheese…this girl knows what she likes!)
- Strawberries are best plucked straight from the earth and warm from the sun (and organic! They are definitely Dirty Dozen)
- Serviceberries rock my world. I currently have about a gallon of them in my freezer that I foraged from trees around town.
- Hot breakfast is no longer appealing so I’ve been baking up big batches of super simple granola. I mix date syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, and a bit of salt into a big bowl of oats then bake on a cookie sheet. Once browned and dried out a bit the oats are cooled and I throw in nuts and raisins. Perfect with some homemade yogurt and serviceberries!
What do you think about the word “Foodie”? I personally don’t mind it, I think it’s kind of cute but I’ve heard many arguments that it has a pretentious ring to it.