Butternut is beautiful.
Pumpkin is perfect.
And sweet potatoes are special.
But there’s still one fall favorite that I’ve neglected.
I’m a fan of tart, acidic, and sour and cranberries are a beautiful balance of all of these things.
Like most of my “recipe’s” this is more of a recommendation for a combination of flavors and a suggestion to experiment alternatives to refined sugar.
Kickin’ Cranberry Sauce
- cranberries (fresh or frozen, I used 12 ounces fresh)
- apples and/or pears (I used 1.5 apples and a bosc pear)
- dried dates (I used about 6 and it was quite tart, use more if you want it sweet)
- fresh ginger, finely minced (I used lots-about 2 heaping tablespoons)
- cinnamon to taste
- optional: orange juice, orange zest, nutmeg, honey, maple syrup, or stevia to taste