My dad has a beautiful print with this saying on his wall.
“When the world wearies and ceases to satisfy there is always the garden.”
It’s been there as long as I can remember. I always thought it was quaint but it wasn’t until today that I really got it. Life has been challenging for Tate and I recently. We created this kind of crazy situation for ourselves, living out of a backpack for 7 months, not working, moving to a new town sight unseen, moving “back East” after 9 years away, attempting to buy a house and a chiropractic practice, the list goes on and on. Stress levels have been high lately with anxiety to spare.
But today I decided to practice simplicity and gratitude. And so off to the garden I went. And as I worked I remembered what a friend posted a while back as his Facebook status. “Too blessed to be stressed”.
Today I am grateful for
- amazing family who welcomed us back after a year and a half abroad with open arms (and open guest rooms!)
- a husband who is devoted and endlessly supportive
- access to clean food and water
- the ability to take this time to transition from crazy life abroad to crazy “real” life
- my strong and healthy body that allows me to dance and run and move to my heart’s content
- the opportunity to live in Peru and vagabond around the globe
What are you grateful for today?