Thank you all for your very sweet words, thoughts, and prayers in response to my nana’s passing yesterday. I felt like I had a support system spanning the globe. Thank you.
Despite the obvious difficulty that yesterday brought it was a lovely day. Tate was a content birthday boy and we both felt very welcomed into Charlottesville with a great turn-out for his dinner party at South Street Brewery.
As regular readers know, I am all about goal-setting these days. Regular readers also may have noticed that I rarely actually achieve my goals 100%. I used to find this discouraging but lately I actually find it motivating to set my sights slightly higher than I will actually accomplish.
On that note, February wrap-up
My goals were
- get health insurance (I know, I know, it’s preposterous that I don’t have it but I was out of the country and I am a procrastinator!)
- walk 100 miles (anyone care to join me? It’s only 3.5 miles a day!)
- run 30 miles
- start teaching exercise classes
- practice lots of yoga
- begin choreographing my dance for May (more on this soon)
- start my garden
- eat lots of amazing food with amazing people
Let’s see how I did
- health insurance is in process
100 80 miles walked!
- I ran 33.5 miles!
- I started classes at my studio but there were no students the first week…I am still going to call this goal reached.
- I totally dropped the yoga ball! 🙁
- the music is chosen, a few minutes are mapped out, and I am excited!
- we still need to buy some topsoil to fill our raised beds but I got started on organizing, cleaning up the hibernating herbs, and drooling over seed catalogs.
- this was perhaps to most successfully accomplished goal ;)!
I also achieved some unwritten, unplanned goals last month.
- I started foam rolling regularly! I have owned a foam roller for nearly 10 years but have only used it intermittently until now. Daily rolling does the body good!
- I started meditating. 3 minutes a day, most days, and I am loving it. I fell for yoga long ago but was not interested in meditating beyond the mat until recently.
- I have jumped on the kettlebell bandwagon! What started as a cautious and skeptical affair has grown into a full blown infatuation. I will be purchasing my second ‘bell soon!
And now it’s time for a new set of goals for MARCH!
- run at least 10 miles a week
- 3 strength training sessions a week (two Core Four, one kettlebell)
- walk 100 miles
- work up to 5 minutes of meditation most days of the week
- use my car less (I don’t drive that much but lately I’ve gotten a little lazy about driving to the clinic)
- practice yoga 5 days a week
I also have a long list of “Spring Cleaning” type projects for this month that I am excited about, I’ll let you in on them as they happen.
Set goals my friends! Big or small, epic or trivial, clarify what you want and how to accomplish it!