Grrrrrrr!!!! Still not caught up on sleep! I woke up on my own at 6:40am and decided that as long as I was up it was as good a time as any to go for a run. The streets were quiet and running felt amazing. Finally, down to a reasonable elevation and my lungs and heart could keep up with my legs and I just kept running faster and faster. Well, faster for me. I am a slow runner. I did an 8k a few months ago and was very proud of a 42 minute finish! Here’s the workout I did
- 15 minutes warm-up, starting slow and steadily increasing speed
- 3 sets 1 minutes sprints with 30 second jog recovery
- 3 sets 45 second sprints with 45 second recovery
- 3 sets 30 second sprints with 45 second recovery
- lost track for a few minutes of sprints and recovery
- finished with two minutes easy cool down
Total time: 32 minutes
I raced into the shower because we had an 8am departure for the Giant Panda Breeding Center! I had a thing for pandas as a kid, my room was covered in them, and so this was a very special day for me. The center was beautiful, really well-kept with very large habitats, and we got to see lots of pandas eating bamboo and being playful with each other. It was a very lovely morning.
Back at Sim’s I lunched on scrambled eggs with loads of tomatoes and that AWESOME broccoli and garlic we had last night. Now it’s time to head to the grocery store to stock up on travel food because in a few hours we get back on the train! NO! Only 24.5 hours this time!