My dad has a beautiful print with this saying on his wall.
“When the world wearies and ceases to satisfy there is always the garden.”
It’s been there as long as I can remember. I always thought it was quaint but it wasn’t until today that I really got it. Life has been challenging for Tate and I recently. We created this kind of crazy situation for ourselves, living out of a backpack for 7 months, not working, moving to a new town sight unseen, moving “back East” after 9 years away, attempting to buy a house and a chiropractic practice, the list goes on and on. Stress levels have been high lately with anxiety to spare.
But today I decided to practice simplicity and gratitude. And so off to the garden I went. And as I worked I remembered what a friend posted a while back as his Facebook status. “Too blessed to be stressed”.
Today I am grateful for
- amazing family who welcomed us back after a year and a half abroad with open arms (and open guest rooms!)
- a husband who is devoted and endlessly supportive
- access to clean food and water
- the ability to take this time to transition from crazy life abroad to crazy “real” life
- my strong and healthy body that allows me to dance and run and move to my heart’s content
- the opportunity to live in Peru and vagabond around the globe
What are you grateful for today?
Today I’m grateful for my kids, my husband, my friends, and my health. You know, the basics. 🙂
I am grateful for my amazing daughter Faith who obviously “gets its” and what more could a mother ask for? Hardly a month and certainly never a season goes by without me remembering that saying” When the world wearies and ceases to satisfy there is always the garden” There is always the garden within through every season. Thank you Faith!