Sorry for the delay, I was knee deep in paint! I have undertaken the task of sprucing up the upstairs of the clinic and have a deadline of February 1st to finish! Yikes!
I have never considered myself particularly stylish. In fact, one of the most memorable parts of my sister’s (and maid-of-honor) rehearsal dinner speech was when she said she has always admired my style and loves getting my hand-me-down’s. She’s the big sister and I always thought that she was the stylish one!
You can imagine my surprise yesterday when I got notice that I received this from Dana over at My Little Celebration
Thanks Dana! It is so sweet of you to think of me!
The award badge comes with the following stipulations, I must
1. Make a post & link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
1. I was born in a yurt on a farm in rural West Virginia.
2. I used to be embarrassed by the food in my house when friends would come over. Friend “What was that white stuff we ate for lunch”. Me “I don’t know, my parents are weird!”. Secretely I always knew it was tofu and I loved the stuff. Now I love introducing people to new foods and the less main-stream the better!
3. I secretly wish I was a jock. But I am SO not.
4. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a writer, singer, or visual artist “when I grew up”. I wouldn’t subject anyone to my voice but ironically the writing and visual art is coming to fruition through this blog!
5. My comfort meal is baked sweet potato, tofu with nutritional yeast, and steamed greens. Seriously.
For number’s 6 & 7 you get to ask the questions! What do you want to know?!
And to pass it on, here’s my top 5. Help me out with this one and nominate your favorite newly discovered blogger to receive the award for the other 5 slots.
- Allie, you are my kind of style, athletic, out-doorsy, wholistic.
- Cara, nice work keeping it healthy and stylish all the way in Korea!
- Angie, your generosity is always in style!
- Rosie, you are not only stylish but a cville girl at heart? You got my vote!
- Joanne, because, damn women, you deserve an award for keeping up with your life!
Do you have any nominees who deserve to be on this list? Send ’em my way!
Thanks again Dana!
dana @ my little celebration
Great answers! I feel like I know you better already : )
My 6 & 7 questions for you are:
1) Do you have any tips for avoiding too much sodium/sugar consumption?
2) What do you want to “be” most in life?
You picked such creative things to share about yourself! I’m so flattered to be one of your top picks — thank you Faith. 🙂 Hmm, questions…when it comes to food, I think everyone should have one “guilty pleasure”: what’s yours? When you’ve had a truly rough or draining day, what is your go-to remedy to care for yourself & get centered? [can you tell what kind of day it’s been for me? :D] As for nominees: Natalie @ FollowMyFitSteps.com — Athletic, balanced & enthusiastic to help others reach their goals.
Thanks for the award! That’s very sweet of you. It might take me a couple of days to respond, but I’ll get there.
1. Favourite “get pumped up” song?
2. So, I know you’re favourite comfort food now, but what’s your “comfort place?”
My Internet time is quite limited here in the Philippines but I was on long enough to receive your thoughtful reward, so thanks! It’s very sweet of you!
I used to be embarrassed about the food we served at my house too! I remember having a slumber party and my mom serving scrambled tofu and me being mortified. (Oh, and we lived on a farm too…my parents are total hippies.) But now I am so thankful I was raised the way I was raised.
I hear you! Right down to the scrambled tofu!
Awww, thanks Faith! You’re so sweet.
Somehow I missed a couple of your posts from the weekend, and just now saw them!
This has been a rough week for me (illness, computer problems, etc) and I’m not posting like I should, but I will post about this soon! I have a list of ideas for posts a mile long, but this one will be first! 🙂