A dozen reasons why I love Charlottesville
1. Walk/bike-ibility. I can get all of my commuting/errands/socializing done while breathing fresh air!
2. The weather. Yes, summer gets crazy hot and sticky for a short time but overall it’s great. The seasons are unique and each beautiful in their own way and there’s a good balance of sun and rain.
3. The women. 🙂 I have made amazing friends over the last year and feel very blessed to have been welcomed into this community so quickly.
4. It’s a small town. At first this scared me a little; six degrees of separation shrinks down to 2 or 3 degrees in a town this size! I’ve grown to love that everyone knows each other!
5. UVA. I love that C’ville is a college town yet maintains a pulse throughout the summer and away from “The Grounds”.
6. The landscape. Lush, green, rolling hills…
7. The running community. I can go for a run day or night, sun, rain, or sleet and there will be others out pounding the pavement with me. Seriously. (Except I would never actually go running in the sleet.)
8. Proximity to (most of my) family. After 10 years of living many flying hours and many $$$ away from my parents it’s great to be able to jump in the car and be there in 2-3 hours.
9. Activism. Sometimes it seems like there are committees and meetings to discuss even the most trivial of matters but in the end I love living in a community that is determined to be involved in the decision making process.
10. Wine country. The Virginia wine industry is booming and the vineyards around town are gorgeous .
11. The growing season. Five months of frost free sunshine for all my garden goodies!
12. I live here! One year ago I made this place home and I’m a love it or leave it kinda gal…
Do you love where you live? If not, try making a list of the positive aspects of your home. I could just as easily make a list of negatives about C’ville but considering that I don’t want to move any time soon it wouldn’t be very productive now would it?
Love where you live!