A couple weeks ago Fit Fluential Ambassadors like myself were asked to put together a Pinterest #fitnessbucketlist board. I immediately loved the idea but found that my mind went blank. Fitness is always a part of my life, there are few things I’d rather be doing than dancing, walking, hiking, running, practicing yoga, teaching classes, or biking but these days my mind is just not in ‘training’ mode. Of course, the more I thought about it I was able to come up with a few things, some of them very concrete and others a little more abstract.
Here’s my board but I also listed them below.
My Fitness Bucket List
1. Run a race in Big Sur. I don’t care the length but I’ve wanted to do this for a long time! Any recommendations for a half marathon or shorter?
2. Present a Gracefulfitness retreat. This one is HUGE and perhaps a pipe-dream but that’s what a bucket list is for, right? I’ve had readers ask me to do this and it definitely got the mind cranking with possibilities.
3. Backpack on the Appalachian Trail for more than three days. I’m not interested in the whole 2,184 miles right now (never say never) but I do love the rhythm and simplicity that happens when you are on the trail for more than a night or two.
4. Practice yoga for 30 consecutive days. I think my consecutive record is only like 7 days. There are things that happen, mentally and physically, with practicing everyday, I just need to commit and do it!
5. Run the Hood-to-Coast Relay in Oregon. I had several friends do this 199 mile running relay from Mt. Hood to the coast town of Seaside and they all raved about it; stinky feet, no sleep, running thru the night and all! Someday…
6. Run forever. Never say never but I hope to run forever.
7. Take a Pilates-specific anatomy course. I am eternally grateful to have been required to take an amazing Kinesiology for Dancers course as part of my B.F.A (back in 2003) but it’s time to both brush up and get into the details. I thought about this one but I decided to attend FitBloggin’ in September instead!
8. Dance. Dance. Dance. 🙂 Fitness is multifaceted and for me a main facet of maintaining physical fitness has always been a means to keep dancing.
What’s on your fitness bucket list?