Another addition of Friday Food Thoughts.
- In an attempt to get over my food-rut of greens/eggs/beans/cheese combo I cooked the weirdest egg drop rice noodle soup last night. It kinda worked, filled me up and made me miss my old standards. :/
- Waiting for tomatoes to ripen is both exciting and annoying!
- Love, love, love having a garden full of greens but can barely wait for the peas to lengthen and fill out!
- I hope, wish, and believe that these gorgeous new raised beds will grow me a plethora of food!
- Grow cucumbers, grow!! I want to make pickles!
- Craving Bean N Green Tart (eggs, greens, beans, cheese…this girl knows what she likes!)
- Strawberries are best plucked straight from the earth and warm from the sun (and organic! They are definitely Dirty Dozen)
- Serviceberries rock my world. I currently have about a gallon of them in my freezer that I foraged from trees around town.
- Hot breakfast is no longer appealing so I’ve been baking up big batches of super simple granola. I mix date syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, and a bit of salt into a big bowl of oats then bake on a cookie sheet. Once browned and dried out a bit the oats are cooled and I throw in nuts and raisins. Perfect with some homemade yogurt and serviceberries!
What do you think about the word “Foodie”? I personally don’t mind it, I think it’s kind of cute but I’ve heard many arguments that it has a pretentious ring to it.
After drooling over the garden photos I had to stop work and prepare lunch. Homemade ww bread, homemade tuna salad with diced root veggies and homemade (someone else’s home) cookies. Our tomatoes are not even planted yet, but we are loaded with greens.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More
The raised garden is so cute! I hope it provides you with lots of veggies!
Ooooooo can I ask about the raised gardens? Is there a difference between then and a regular garden?
Joy, thanks for asking! I’ll do a post soon.
Those raised beds are AMAAZing…