Half-Ass Homemade Sorbet
I wanted to call this recipe “Half Homemade Sorbet” but it is so simple that it really feels more like “Home Assembled”.
In any case, it’s my new go-to for quick, easy, allergy-friendly dinner party dessert.
|Mango and Candied Ginger Sorbet with Grilled Pineapple and Ginger Snaps||
- 16 oz frozen mango chunks*
- 1/4 cup sweet vermouth
- ~1/4 cup candied ginger chunks
- fresh pineapple
- ginger snaps
- Allow frozen mango to slightly defrost, about 10 minutes on the counter, you want them to stay partially frozen as you process
- Puree half of the mango chunks with half of the sweet vermouth in a food processor
- Spoon puree into a tupperware/glassware with a tight fitting lid
- Continue process with the other half of the mangos and vermouth and add it to the container
- Coarsely chop candied ginger and stir it into the mango puree
- Put a lid on the container and freeze until a few minutes before you are ready to serve
- Grill pineapple on a clean grill for a few minutes on medium heat (you’ll serve it at room temp so this can be done ahead of time)
- Serve the sorbet with slices of grilled pineapple and a few snaps!
*Trader Joe’s sells bags of organic frozen mango chunks and they are always super sweet and tasty.
Another awesome way to serve the sorbet, which I did the first time I made it, is as a float with some sparkling wine and a few frozen serviceberries or blueberries! Such a lovely refresher on a steamy summer night.